I was inspired to post my easy Wall Art Tutorial by a friend that made a similar one for her husband for Father’s Day but with photographs of their children. She put the photographs on canvas for him with a lovely message to go with it. It made me wake up my creative side and so here is my Wall Art Tutorial.There are so many things that one can make that don’t cost a lot but look effective and expensive.
It took me a total of about 1 hour (including drying time) and cost around R50 to make. Now B has a cute decoration for her room. She choose the pink colour and was very proud in choosing the exact shade that “matches her room”. I am not a pink fan but her room, her “rules”. Without adue, here is my Wall Art Tutorial:
Wall Art Tutorial materials:
- Canvas of your choice – you can buy them at any arts and craft shops
- Photograph or picture of your choice (I used a card from Typo)
- Paint colour of your choice
- Paint brush
- Glossy Modge Podge
- Black felt pen (optional)
Wall Art Tutorial how to:
- Paint the canvas in the colour of your choice and leave to dry
- Once the paint has dried, glue the picture onto the canvas
- I outlined my picture with the black felt pen to make the picture stand out more
- Paint the Modge Podge over the whole of the canvas and picture to make the picture stick longer
- Hang up on the wall and marvel at what you have created!
Hope you enjoyed my Wall Art Tutorial, it really is pretty simple! If you make one, you are welcome to send me a picture of it and I will post it on my blog or Facebook page for you.