Some mornings I walk past a gym on my way to work and can see all the ladies in their tight tights doing the treadmill or having their bodies shaken on the Power Plate machine. They don’t even seem to be breaking a sweat but have that look of utter determination on their faces that screams “just one more calorie”. My body goes automatically into Suck in Tummy mode and I start thinking of the Baby Weight that I still carry from having Bella.
As a working mom I find it quite hard to get the time to go to the gym or work out. My mornings consist of getting Bella ready for school, getting myself ready for work, dropping her off at school and then my working day begins. In the afternoons, I pick her up from school, spend time with her, get her fed, bathed and ready for bed and my husband and I take turns putting her to bed. At the end of the day I am quite exhausted especially as Bella still doesn’t sleep through the night. Winter has also started to play havoc with getting washing done and all the little things that we need to do to keep the household running.
So what is a girl to do? I can’t add Winter Weight to the whole scenario on top of the Baby weight or I will end up looking like a Teletubby! So I have started to devise a plan on keeping off the Winter Weight and working on that Baby Weight as well. So far I have lost 2kg but that hot chocolate keeps calling and encouraging me to drink it and general diets are like a challenge to me to eat everything wrong! Here are the things I am trying:
- Drinking a litre of water every day (well most days)
- Staying away from bread
- Eating a green banana every moring (The Carb Diet says that it increases your metabolism by 10% if you get a green banana and 4% if you eat a ripe one)
- Limiting the amount of full cream milk that I drink
- Going from two sugars in my coffee to one
- Lays Chips are to stay in the shop and not to be bought
- If I see Coco-Cola I imagine with every sip that I am drinking a cup of sugar and this puts me off it
- When at my desk, jiggle my legs 100 times to get the blood circulating and those calories burning
- I drink apple cider vinegar to increase my metabolism
- Take –aways are the Enemy and should only be used in dire circumstances
- If I go to a coffees shop and they give a biscuit with the coffee, before I reach for it I think of my tummy!
- I play music for Bella like Dynamite by Tao Cruiz and I dance like a mad person to burn a few extra calories
I do understand that I need to do more exercises and would looooove to go to my old Zumba classes but time does not allow it. I have therefore devised a plan to get the Wii dance game and I am going to start shaking my booty to get rid of the Baby Weight while listening to some good music.
One day I will be one of those ladies in the gyms again, but for now, I’m going to find ways to make myself happy in the comfort of my own home!Pin It