Finding things to do with kids can sometimes be a bit of a mission, especially if you have been to all the usual places and if you have kids of different ages! B and I found an event that we CAN’T wait to go to!
This weekend, at Wild Clover Farm in Stellenbosch, there is a wonderful Festival called the FamFest which is geared to both adults and kids! For kids there is A LOT of entertainment including jumping castles, petting farm, face painting, balloon sculpturing, roaming magician, kids movies and interactive dance sessions brought to you by Jelly Bean Events – specialists in kids entertainment and events. They also have tight security and labelled write bands which is always good in case your little one gets distracted and runs off! There will also be inflatable things for kids to use up all their energy and I plan on taking extra clothes for B, just in case!
For parents, live music, yummy food and a fully stocked bar! They also have tight security and labelled write bands which is always good in case your little one gets distracted and runs off! There will be medics on site as well as FamFest child-minders in case Mom and Dad need a break.
Here is some of the activities planned:
- Small Petting Farm – 10am until 4pm
- Tractor rides – 15 mins ride (with a possibility of seeing some ‘Game’!)
- 10 x inflatables – 10am to 4pm
- Face Painting – 3 hours – from 11:30am until 2:30pm
- Balloon sculpturing – 3hours – from 11:30am until 2:30pm
- Roaming magician (60 mins) from 1pm-2pm
- Interactive Dance Sessions by JellyBean Events (30 mins) from 11:30am until 2:30pm
- Hula Hooping session (30 mins) at 2:00pm on main stage
- Live music by Boomslang Alley, K, Ray & The Bird, Simon van Gend, Andy Lund and Paint Club – from 10:30am all the way through until 4pm
Here is more details:
Date: Sunday, 13 April, 2014
Venue: Wild Clover farm, R304, Cape Town. Link to the map – http://bit.ly/1mSQtoz.
Tickets: R60 per person available from http://www.quicket.co.za/events/4622-famfest/. Kids under 2 get in free. Please note that food & drink are not included in the ticket price and Sand Art will cost R20 for those wanting to get creative!
For more information visit the website at www.famfest.co.za or contact email@example.com, 021 462 1529.
But wait, one lucky person can win 5 tickets to the FamFest! How? Like their Facebook page and tell them that Baby Bugs ‘n Berries sent you! Winners will be notified on Thursday 10 March 2014 and winners announced on 11 March 2014. Refer a friend too for an extra credit! Hope to see you there!