Monday R20 Meal is: Zucchini Fritters!
This is week two of my Monday R20 Meal series and this week I deiced to try a recipe that I have been looking on Pinterest so I made Zucchini Fritters. In South Africa, you could call them Baby Marrow Fritters but I’m not really a fan of baby marrow so calling them Zucchini sounds better to me!
I got the original recipe from here but I changed it slightly:
- 2 cups of grated zucchini (about 500g with ends off)
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 lg egg
- ¾ cup all purpose flour (I used gluten free flour)
- cooking oil or coconut oil for cooking
- Wash the zucchini and cut the ends off. Using the large holes on a cheese grater, grate the zucchini or slice it by hand and put it in bowl .
- Combine the garlic, mixed herbs, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix it together. Taste the zucchini and adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
- Whisk an egg and add it to the zucchini along with ¾ cups of flour. Stir until everything is evenly combined. The texture should be similar to cake batter.
- Heat the oil or coconut oil until it is warm, test to see if it is warm enough by dropping a drop of batter into the pan. If it smokes, reduce the heat immediately.
- Take a spoon and spoon balls of the batter into the pan. When they become golden brown, they are ready to be turned over. Repeat on the other side.
- Serve warm!
I must say they are pretty yummy and very green heehee!