My hubby gets breakfast in bed every Sunday and I am always trying to find new things to make him. Well for Father’s Day he got one of his favourite foods with a little twist: a Breakfast Pizza.
I Googled to get a good recipe but they all seemed so complex that in the end I just went with my gut feeling and this is what came out:
4 pizza basses (I bought them readymade but you can make them yourself)
1 packet of bacon (diced is easier)
5ml cooking or olive oil
1 packet of salami
1 punnet of mushrooms
Half a teaspoon of mixed herbs per pizza base
Pinch of salt per pizza base
Grated Cheddar/Mozzarella cheese
(You can actually add whatever toppings you like but try to keep it to the breakfast theme)
- Set the oven to the temperature as recommended on the pre-bought pizza bases. If you make your own, the recipe that you use should specify this.
- Add the oil to a pan and when it’s warmed up, fry the bacon until it is done and then remove it from the stove.
- Slice the mushrooms, salami and avocado into the sizes that you would like but try not to make them to big as or the eater will struggle when eating it.
- Grate the cheese
- Pack out the pizza bases and add all your toppings, salt and herbs but not the egg and the cheese.
- Once all your toppings are on and the oven is at the right temperate, crack the egg over the middle of the pizza. Put the pizza into the oven and let it cook until the egg looks done.
- Take the pizza out of the oven and then put on the cheese and put it back into the oven until the cheese has melted
- Slice the pizza into slices and serve warm